Friday 4 January 2013

Boxing Day Fireworks

With my second cousin Dawson at Playa Avellanas

Copa at the beach...a Costa Rican MUST!

Just like the ones on Canada Day
Today we woke up and drove to Playa Avellanas (the same beach we went surfing at) to meet up with my second cousin, Dawson and my dad’s cousin, Angus. Also we were meeting up with DJ, Angus’s wife. At the beach Dawson and I made an aquarium in the rocks and put lots of hermit crabs into it. Later we made a sandcastle with a big tunnel going through it. Soon it was time to go surfing but I didn’t want to go because I wanted to play with Dawson and the waves looked really choppy. So just Mom, Mia, Auntie Aimee, Uncle Jeff, and DJ went. When they finished surfing we said good bye and we drove back to our place. When we got to the casa we decided to do the huge fireworks (like the ones on Canada Day) because we had not done them yet. So we went down the driveway to an open area and we waited for Uncle Jeff to light it and then ran. We looked and all these bullets were shooting out of the box and going in the air and exploding magical colors. It was awesome! I thought we were going to burn the jungle down…but we didn’t!
Cool fact: the fireworks did really look like the ones on Canada Day!

Rumble in the jungle

No comments:

Post a Comment