Friday 11 January 2013

Ciao, Costa Rica!

Beautiful Guanacaste tree


We should be hiking up to that volcano instead of being on this plane!

A great welcome from the neighbours. It's good to be home!
Today we woke up and we hung out with Dawson and Angus and DJ and got everything packed up to go. Francisco, our first driver, came and picked us up around noon and drove us all the way to San Jose and we stayed at the first hotel we went to in Costa Rica, the Bougainvillea. Later, after dinner at the hotel, we went to sleep. But…before we went to sleep my dad decided he would check our flight one last time and when he checked it…our flight had been changed from 2 pm to 8 am!!! So we had to wake up at 5 am, got packed up and left to the airport. We were sad because we were goingto go to Poas Volcano with Francisco in the morning :( When we got to the airport we went through security where they check if you are bringing drugs or weapons and stuff like that. So when my bag went through the security guard looked weird at me and she took out my special horseshoe that fell off the horse I was riding in Monteverde and she grabbed it, shoved it in my face, and said, "NO!!!!!!" and threw it into the garbage. She also grabbed our container with all the shells from our trip starting in Spain, shoved it in our faces and said, "NO!!!!!!" and she threw them into the garbage and started smiling at us. She even saw me crying because she took my special horseshoe and she still just smiled at us. She was mean. Then we got on to the plane, flew to Miami, then flew to Seattle (where it was a shock to our bodies because it was so cold there). Then we stayed at the same Super 8 that we stayed at on our way to Spain. In the morning we flew straight to Vancouver. In Vancouver we went to my great Grandma's house (she died when we were in Spain if you didn’t know L )  to grab some stuff because it would get thrown out. After that we flew to Kelowna and Nana Mary picked us up and drove us  to our house. When we got to our house it was all decorated in balloons and signs saying welcome back and just when we pulled in to our driveway our neighbors, Teagan, Jordan and Karson came running up to our house and we all had a little party at the Ribbinks. I was glad to be back!! Ciao...and thanks for reading my blog! 
Cool fact: I had a great trip J !!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment