Tuesday 14 July 2015

Parkour is life!

Corniglia. Second pit stop.

Somewhere on the hike...
Looking back on the terraced vineyards

This morning we woke up at 8:00 ish and then went down to the lobby to get breakfast. For breakfast I had a croissant and some fruit! After we went up to the room to get ready for our hike! Me and mom left before Mimi and dad and it turned out the hike we were going to take was closed down due to a mud slide in 2011!?! :( So we asked for help and it turns out we have to take a huge two hour hike just to reach the first village! So we start hiking up this huge hill used for farming and stuff and it was straight up and for a while we just hiked up stairs! I wasn't tired at all though! After walking for about an hour we arrived to a tiny village on top of the mountain where we had a little pit stop and grabbed some water before going back on the hike! Finally after two hours of hiking we made it to the first village called Corniglia :) In the village we got pizza and I got classic Fanta and of course Mimi asked for a sip. Ahh! There were so many crazy people there we had to get out of the village so we left...but it wasn't the right way and mum and dad were going funk because we couldn't find the way! Finally we did and we hiked for half an hour until we got to a pink building at the top of the mountain for a pit stop! I got a slushie drink and then we were on our way! I was parkouring down the path and jumping rock-to-rock and I tripped on one and flew in the air and landed on my back. Thankfully, I did a parkour roll and got back on my feet before I fell off a huge cliff and died because parkour is life! My back was all scratched because I didn't have a shirt on and my wrist hurt like crap but I was alright. I just got up and went on with parkouring :) Parkour all day, every day!! When we got to the different village called Vernazza, we went swimming and the salt water stung my back soooo much! But I didn't care. After swimming me and Mia went and got kinder surprise flavoured ice cream! Then we went to this place and asked for plain French fries but this guy was so crazy he gave us French fry potato balls and zucchini French fry things? He was so crazy, singing and making weird noses! So me and Mia just ate the French fries and potato balls because they were the best and gave the zucchini things to mom and dad. Then we booked it to a pizzeria and got a big cheese pizza and ate almost all of it! When we went back, I saw a little jellyfish in the water and freaked out because jelly fishes are one of my only fears :(( Anyways I was screaming, jelly fish jelly fish! And these local kids went, jelly fish? And I showed them where it was and they caught it in a net and they put it on the concrete and left it? We didn't get to see what happened because we had to take our ferry back to Manarola where we are staying! And it only took 15 minutes! So three and a half hours there and only fifteen minutes back!? It was dumb. When we got back I chilled in the house while mom and dad went out for dinner. Then Mia and I went out and played with the same kids I played with yesterday for about an hour. The day was very fun! 


Fun fact: the hill we hiked up was made hundreds of years ago to make crops and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment