Sunday 26 July 2015

Vatican City and the Sistine Chapel


Saint Peter's Basilica


Inside the Vatican Museum

With Mimi in the park
The 74 year old DJ
 Today we woke up really early at around 8:00 so that we could see the huge Saint Peter's Basilica! It is considered one of the biggest and best churches in the world! One reason it's so popular is because it's where the Pope lives! We explored through the church for a bit but then, since we are so lucky, Mia got a migraine. So we looked around for a bit longer in this beautiful church and then went and got Mia some water. After she was feeling better and replenished, we went inside the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel. It's a big, crazy building with amazing art! There was such a long walk to get there to the Sistine Chapel, but it was good because it was through all these hallways and different rooms with famous paintings and sculptures of men with no penises!? In the hallway there were so many people and everyone was walking so slow, so I did some of my amazing dangling parkour moves and squished through everyone for about an hour all the way to the end. Finally we got the Sistine Chapel and it was so beautiful, almost more beautiful than me. Yes, I just said that. You know what? I've had enough of this more than me. I'm saying right now I will not use that line ever again for the rest of my blog! UGHHHH! So we got there and saw the beautifulness right away with Michelangelo's paintings all over the wall and the part where Adam is touching God painted on the roof! It was really awesome. We only stayed in for a bit and then took a taxi home. When we got home I went on my Ipad, watched some Star Wars, and had some dinner.

That night we went out to see a crazy 74 year old DJ who does disco music which I was really excited about! After the long taxi ride there, we finally arrived! BUTTTTT...we were three hours early. So first we walked for a long time and it was hell so I got mad and started punching all the leaves I passed and then got poison ivy on my hand!!!  We put some stuff on my hand and headed back to the area with the stage with around two hours left, There was a little workout area by the stage so I did some working out with these older Italian guys who were soo strong! After about half an hour of working out we went onto the little island where the performance was and I got a Pepsi. Finally we got into the main area were the 74 year old was playing and we managed to snag a chair and some fries! First there was some intro guy doing really crappy dubstep and he lost the crowd! And then the 74 year old came on and he was nothing like I expected! I thought he was just going to play classic disco songs on a playlist and everyone would dance but he actually played remixes of total dubstep on some old disco songs and he just played new songs and we recognized the remixes and none were by him! So I was really upset but I got off my sadness and danced with Mia for a bit but then everyone was smoking and I could feel my lungs crumbling so we took a taxi home and went to bed! Today was sort of hell but I had fun too!

Fun Fact: There were more people at this 74 year old DJ than there were at Nicki Minaj!?!? Probably because Nicki tickets cost more and it was in Milan which is like five times smaller than Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment