Friday 24 July 2015

Roma!!!

Cooling down at the Spanish Steps

Trevi Fountain?!?

Whip it, Pantheon...
Today we woke up and went to explore the streets of Rome! I was still feeling tired and kind of sick so we didn’t plan on going out for long but we did. First we took a bus to the Piazza Venezia and went to some big church which had around 120 steps leading to the top and I kept running up and down them! Next we took a taxi to the Spanish steps. In the taxi I was feeling really sick so we planned to go home but we didn’t. I don’t know why. The Spanish Steps are famous for? Who knows...but there was a cool fountain at the bottom of the steps where you can fill your water and soak your head, which I did until I was wet from head to toe! After exploring the Spanish Steps we went to get gelato and I got Straccietella. YUMMMM! Then we saw the amazing Trevi Fountain but it was under construction so it looked very plain and boring but at lease we saw it! Next we went into the big Pantheon where there is a hole in the top and the sun shines through and shows what time it is. It was really cool! After we took a taxi home and I watched more Star Wars!  After Star Wars, we all went out to try to watch the Grand Budapest Hotel outside in a square but it was in Italian so we left to a restaurant. At the restauraunt I got a margherita pizza and a limonada soda. The exploring day was awesome but too bad my stomach hurt for most of it! 

Fun fact: Some crazy guy in 2007 drove his truck down the Spanish Steps, chipping most of them! Fortunately, no one was hurt and the guy got arrested!

No comments:

Post a Comment